Family Self Defense
Keeping Your Family SAFE is Every Parent’s Priority
Parents fear for their children’s safety, whether they’re home, away from home, in school, or on their way to school.
They worry about them no matter where they are. Have they suffered bullying or conflict? How would they react if approached by a stranger, or heaven forbid, face any form of abuse from someone they know?
Since parents can’t be with them all the time, how do they ease their worry?
You give them the life skill of self-defense
From an early age, parents teach their kids many life skills — from swimming to learning how to drive — yet, few people consider teaching their families the fundamental life skill of self-defense. We invest so much money protecting our possessions, like our homes and cars, but we forget to invest in protecting what we hold most dear: our families.
But since you’re reading our family self-defense page, you’re the exception who understands the important life skill of violence prevention/self-defense/personal-safety training. Whatever you call it, we’re all looking for some Peace of Mind with our families.
You’ve come to the perfect place! SAFE International has taught over 200,000 people since 1994, making both households and neighborhoods safer. To this day, we continue to be a world leader in teaching real self-defense and we’ve obtained prominence for providing this training in a few brief hours, not years.
Benefits of a SAFE Self-Defense Course
- Increase your awareness and avoidance education regarding your specific daily routines and lifestyle
- Learn intelligent conflict-resolution training to avoid conflict
- Easy-to-use self-defense concepts and principles
- Learn defenses against the most common attacks
- Trauma-sensitive training for those who may have been victimized
Common Self-Defense Misconceptions
“It takes years to learn self-defense.”
I would be lying if I didn’t admit that, like anything, the more time you can put into it, the stronger you become. Still, one of the unique aspects of SAFE International is the design of our self-defense courses for the on-the-go businesswoman or busy stay-at-home parent.
We know that most people will probably only take one course in their lifetime, if they take any at all. That’s why we’ve constructed a self-defense program that gives you the tools to address violence prevention, starting with learning how to recognize early signs so you can avoid confrontation.
We teach sensible and memorable verbal and physical concepts and principles — all adapted to your lifestyle and the areas you’re most likely to face conflict or confrontation.
“You need to be in excellent physical shape to learn self-defense.”
You can be in any shape and still learn from our classes. Sure, being in good physical shape may support you regarding physical self-defense, but your mental skills and attitude regarding violence prevention are actually more significant than any physical skills.
Learning who and what you’re defending yourself against and knowing the reasons to defend yourself are critical —and we help you build those skills foremost. Without an effective attitude, your physical talents can only go so far. Your mind influences your body, so we start with the mind.
“Self-defense is about learning how to fight!”
Any self-defense program that begins with the physical side of self-defense is negligent. Self-defense should begin with learning how to recognize and avoid violence before all else.
If avoiding confrontation fails, though, it’s important to know other strategies to deal with the potential violence. So we address how to defend yourself if you’ve exhausted all other avenues of avoidance. Self-defense is not just about learning how to fight, but how to avoid a fight through all means possible.
“You must join a martial arts club to learn self-defense”
Great news! No, you don’t. SAFE International is a mobile self-defense business that teaches in schools, families’ homes, corporate offices, even outdoors when the weather is beautiful. If you don’t have a location, we have many contacts throughout the province where we may work out the training.
Martial arts is not self-defense. Martial arts is, as the name says, “an art.” There is no art in violence, and if you bring the tools you’ve learned in any of the martial arts to the scene of violence, you will not be prepared.
What Will You Learn During a Family Self-Defense Course?
- How and why attackers choose their victims
- Distinctions between fighting and self-defense
- Assessment of personal safety concerns in the home & out in public
- How to exhibit authentic confidence through body language & verbal communication
- The value of trusting your intuition
- Home safety tips for children alone at home
- Antibullying strategies
- How to develop a powerful self-defense mindset
- Basic, functional, and effective striking skills
- How to defend against the most frequent types of attacks
- Why you never open the door to someone you’re not expecting
- How to establishing a family safety plan
- Plus, much more
Why Book a SAFE International Family Self-Defense workshop?
- As a parent, you’d like to know your family has the confidence and skills to deal with conflict by learning family self-defense.
- Your child is experiencing bullying, and you’d like them to learn how to be more prepared for it.
- Your neighbourhood has faced some incidents of violence, and as a family, you want to be more prepared and learn self-defense.
- Your child is heading off to college next year, and you want them to have some personal protection training
- You want your kids to feel safe in the house if you’re not there with them.
The Parental Safeguard Plan To Achieving Peace of Mind
“My daughter took your program when she was a grade 9 student many years ago. Five years later she was able to avoid an abduction because of the information she learned.”
– J. O’Brien – Mother & Teacher
“Give your daughter the confidence and skills to keep herself SAFE in any situation… even when you’re not there to help!”
Click Parental Safeguard Plan to learn more.